The fold is one of the least popular choices by the players, but paradoxically is one of the streets of major leakage that may exist in the poker game . You will often hear that the best player is the one who can fold in the most dangerous situations. Not in all situations, but in those where between a wrong call and a right fold, he passes the stay in a tournament online casino in singapore.
If for skilled players with more experience at the table, it is easier to fold in certain game dynamics, for the occasional and above all for the beginner fold is a word very little used. And this negative aspect affects their results.
Today we will see in which situations it is convenient to fold during a hand: either when we call a raise, or when we open the ball. The Fold is never something to be ashamed of.
Calling a raise
It happens very often during a mmc sgd tournament, especially if we are in position or from the blinds (when the pot odds are favorable), to call an opponent’s raise. A standard action to try to improve your hand on the flop. It is precisely on the three community cards that we have to make a decision whether to continue in the hand, or to pass on the rival’s bet.
To understand which is fairer, especially from a fold perspective, we need to keep three aspects in mind
- Not all players are always bluffable. So if we haven’t improved our hand, or haven’t hit, we don’t necessarily have to bluff on a rival’s check or bet. Sometimes our rival will bluff and we’ll have to be good at figuring it out. Other times he will have a hand and at that point it is necessary to beat retreat. Especially the newbies are not inclined to fold and even with a marginal point continue to remain in the hand.
- Floating is a solution that requires skills, experience and certain opponents. If you are holding AJ on a flop that reads 8-7-2 there are situations in which it will be okay to call the rival’s bet, but it will be better the times when we have to fold AJ without floating. After all, the chances of hitting one of our cards drop to 29%.
Fold after opening the game
In some situations it will be us in preflop to conduct the game operations with raises. Sometimes we will improve the hand, sometimes not. So we will try to force post flop, hoping to hit or get our rival fold. There are situations in which, however, we will have to be good at avoiding danger and beating retreat into the hand.
- As we said earlier, not all players are bluffable. Newbies are the least likely to fold. They are curious, they love to play every hand and see all the boards. Consequently they become illegible in some situations and above all they don’t seem to be afraid of heavy bets. If this is a good thing when we’re value betting , it becomes a big deal when we’re totally bluffing. Acting the fold is the most natural thing in these situations to get to safety.
- On the fold, in addition to our cards, the type of opponent we are playing against is very important . Consequently, if we do not have a strong hand in our turn, the fold is necessary to avoid bad situations. Knowing how to recognize the type of each individual player at the table is fundamental and helps in the management of these situations.
- Never play with emotions. Our game must follow reason and never the heart, or be betrayed by emotions. Every decision we make at the table must be based on what we are seeing and what we know about our rivals. Dislikes or likes must be left in the corner, as well as other aspects that nothing fits us with the rationality of the game.